The computer course/subject should enable learners to:
Appreciate a computer system and appreciate the technological development of computers.
2. Develop skills to use application packages and appreciate the role of computer applications in carrying out day-to-day business and organizational tasks.
3. Understand the role of ICT in mental, moral, social and spiritual development.
4. Appreciate the impact of computer technology on society.
5. Acquire basic knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for adapting to a fast changing technological world.
6. Develop a firm base for further education and training.
SERVICES THAT THE DEPARTMENT OFFERS TO:
-Teaching students to apply basic skills in the safe use and care of a computer system
-teach application packages
-help students develop abilities to interact more efficiently with the wider community
-provide an extension of a library by providing internet facilities where students can access educational materials in all the subjects.
-Provide teachers with ICT tools needed for teaching and learning activities.
– provide teachers with basic skills of using a computer
THE WHOLE NATION
A DEPARTMENT NEED IF MET COULD FACILITATE THE DEPARTMENT GOALS.
The room that is available limits the number of students interested in taking the subject. There is need for expansion of the room to encourage if not all most of the students to take the subject.